Monday, September 10, 2012

Introduction and Expectations for TPTE


Hello! Welcome to my first ever blog! My name is Porscha Jones and I am a senior at the University of Tennessee. I am finishing up my Bachelor's degree and then will go on to complete my Master's degree in Child and Family Studies PreK-3. I will be interning at a public school during the 2013-2014 school year. I have not yet received my placement, but I am hoping to teach in either first or second grade. I have always known that I wanted to be a teacher, and I feel as if it is my duty in life to make sure I accomplish this goal. The beginning stages of a child's education and learning is essential, so this is the reason I decided to teach younger children. I want to be able to welcome children into the early stages of learning, and make sure that they have a positive start to what is to come for the rest of their educational careers.

Before entering this TPTE 486 course, I thought that I had a pretty solid understanding of the internet and all of its functions. However, after reading the fifth chapter in the course textbook I realized that there is so much more to learn. I have never heard of the uses of many of the Web 2.0 tools. Therefore, I have high expectations to learn about ways in which I can incorporate these tools into my future classroom. I aspire to learn effective ways of teaching in a generation where technology is quickly advancing. I hope to use the tools that I discover and learn about in not only the classroom, but also in connecting to other aspects of the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment