Through the entirety of this semester in TPTE, we have been blogging about our experiences. We are able to tell our likes and dislikes about a particular program, and also how we would use a program in our future classroom. This is a great way to remember each program and tool that we have used by reflecting back upon our prior blog posts. I believe this is an excellent way for teachers to see how their students are reacting to certain tools and lessons.
Blogging is practically an online journal with all of a bloggers thoughts compiled into one resource. It is a great way to communicate with others and read about how others are feeling about a topic. Blogs can be used in any classroom where children can read and write and have any basic knowledge about a computer. I sometimes worry about the privacy of blogs, but there are settings in which a user can disable viewing by others and make a blog completely private. I would ensure that this is done before I ever asked my students to blog.
I would use blogs as a communication tool either on a daily or weekly basis in my future classroom. I could establish a daily question or a weekly reflecting section for children to respond to through their blogs. This is a great alternative to notebooks and having to keep up with them in a classroom of more than 20 children!
I have enjoyed blogging in my TPTE course this semester. Sometimes I found it hard to keep up with the blog posts and when they should have been completed, but this is just a minor fault that I could have avoided by simply blogging as soon as I finished a project. I can look back on my blog to refresh my knowledge of what a certain tool was about and how I felt about the tool. It is also easier to type up thoughts and post them on an online journal as opposed to using paper and having to keep up with each piece of paper.
No comments:
Post a Comment