Monday, November 26, 2012

Inspiration

The tool Inspiration can be used to create digital diagrams. In class, we created a diagram to decide where we would fictionally eat lunch. We divided our diagram up according to location of the restaurants in Knoxville. We were able to add links to the restaurants to browse menus of the lunch choices. We also could add pictures to get a better view of what a restaurant looked like. After completing a class diagram, we created our own. I created a diagram of different genres of children's books, and then I added examples of books from each genre.

With the Inspiration tool we were able to create a diagram online and make it interactive. At first, I did not understand the concept of this tool because it is much easier to just make a diagram on paper rather than using this somewhat complicated tool. However, once I realized how interactive this tool could be by adding hyperlinks and extra text, I understood its relevance and how helpful it could be in the classroom.

I would use Inspiration again in my future classroom. If I had children who were older (3rd grade) this tool would be useful for them to make their own diagrams when brainstorming a topic. I do not find this tool absolutely necessary to use in the future, but I would try to incorporate it if I had the time and resources to be able to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment