With technology expanding ever so vastly, teachers have seen a major transition from the traditional chalk board in a classroom to an interactive white board. This shift has been welcomed with open arms as the interactive white board makes learning and instruction more hands-on. With the proper training and knowledge of interactive white boards, teachers can enhance lessons and allow students to have a bigger role during lectures and discussions involving visual enhancements.
In TPTE 486, I was first introduced to an interactive white board. My peers and I were able to go up to the white board and interact with different subject matter ranging from social studies to science. We could be taught new information while being apart of the teaching. The integration of students being an active part of the teaching is the most successful aspect of the interactive white board.
I could visualize myself using an interactive white board in my future classrooms. Children enjoy having a role to do and they are able to do so with these white boards. These can be easily made to fit children in all grades, which is another strong suit. I envision interactive white boards to become the new visual teaching tool and eventually replace chalkboards.
No comments:
Post a Comment